Dr Patel moved to Arizona in 2004 to join Mesa GI, after finishing his fellowship in Gastroenterology at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA.
He was born in India, moved to the USA at age 13. He grew up in Ogden, Utah where he attended high school. He attended University of Utah and majored in Biology and completed his Bachelors degree and Masters degree in Physiology at the University of Toledo.
He graduated from St Georges University School of Medicine, did his Internship and Internal Medicine residency at St. Francis Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA.
Dr Patel is married, has a daughter and a son. He loves to travel with his family. One of his passions is food. He loves to try different cuisines when traveling. He is an advanced skier and an avid golfer with a single digit handicap.
- B.S. University of Toledo – Toledo, OH
- M.D. St. George’s University School of Medicine – Grenada, WI
- Internal Medicine Residency – St Francis Medical Center
- Gastroenterology Fellowship – Allegheny General Hospital
Areas of Expertise/ Specialty Procedures
- pH Monitoring
- Remicade® Infusion
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Arizona State Physicians Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Banner Desert Medical Center